Tai Hang Fire Dragon Heritage Center is situated at 12 School Street, Tai Hang, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. It is a three-storey building. The original building was constructed in 1909 (which is the late Qing Dynasty in China) and named as “Hung Shing Yi Hok” (Confucius free school for the poor). The school was founded by Hong Kong Confucian Society. The original building was severely destroyed during the Second World War and reconstruction on the same site was finished on 20th November 1949. Throughout the years, the building was used for various education purposes by different organizations until 2010, in which the building was vacant afterwards.
The existing building was assessed as a Grade 3 Historic Building by Antiquities Advisory Board in December 2010. In December 2013, No. 12 School Street was included in the Batch IV of the Revitalizing Historic Buildings through Partnership Scheme. The building is revitalized to be Tai Hang Fire Dragon Heritage Centre, with the aim to preserve and pass on the heritage of Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance, preserve the local legacy of Hakka culture, and engage the community in heritage conservation. The revitalization works commenced in November 2019.